Transinclusie – leesmateriaal
Feministisch en Links (FEL) is een feministische en transinclusieve groep. Wij willen ons steentje bijdragen aan een respectvol debat rond dit onderwerp, aan een feminisme dat doordacht is en transinclusief. Daarom zullen we regelmatig linken naar artikels en websites rond dit onderwerp. Hieronder alvast een eerste lijst met interessante teksten.
Many otherwise decent and sensible cis feminists have fallen prey to lazy transphobic thinking. In the vast majority of cases, cis feminist transphobia does not stem from deep, personal hatred of trans people, but from drastic, tragic misapprehension of the issues at stake.
– Laurie Penny, Moving Towards Solidarity
Despite the reality that there are as many types of trans women as there are women in general, most people believe that trans women are all on a quest to make ourselves as pretty, pink, and passive as possible. While there are certainly some trans women who buy into mainstream dogma about beauty and femininity, others are outspoken feminists and activists fighting against all gender stereotypes. But you’d never know it from the popular media, which tends to assume that all transsexuals are male-to-female, and that all trans women want to achieve stereotypical femininity.
– Julia Serano, Why the media depicts the trans revolution in lipstick and high heels
- Whose feminism is it anyway – the unspoken racism of the trans inclusion debate – Emi Koyama
- Where did we go wrong? Feminism and Trans Theory – Two Teams on the Same Side? – Stephen Whittle
- Sex Educations: Gendering and Regendering Women – Lisa
- Transphobia and radical feminism – a challenge – Maia
- Trans Basics
- Irish Survey Reveals Shockingly High Suicide Rate of Trans People – Faith McLay
- Andrea Dworkin on Transgender – Daisy
- The legacies of trans-exclusive feminism (aka why are you angry?) – Emily Manuel
- Building bridges – radical feminism and trans* – Evie
- Not Your Mom’s Trans 101 – Asher Bauer
- How To Ask A Trans Person Questions Without Being Insensitive About It
- Moving Towards Solidarity – Laurie Penny
- Feminism has abandoned me – Flavia Dzodan
- Why the media depicts the trans revolution in lipstick and high heels – Julia Serano